Aerospace & Aviation
Krytox™ PFPE oils and greases are used widely in the aerospace industry.
Krytox™ high-performance lubricants were developed in the early 1960s to handle the lubrication needs of the aerospace industry. Today, many new grades and special formulations of Krytox™ oils and greases offering superior performance characteristics and certifications for aerospace applications are available.
These oils and greases offer ironclad reliability and lifetime lubrication for critical components used in suborbital, orbital, and deep space flight. They not only operate effectively in high vacuum and extreme temperatures, but are also able to endure exposure to fuels, oxidizers, and radiation.
These traits—in addition to their adherence to strict safety and reliability standards, compliance with a wide range of precise specifications, and reduced maintenance requirements—also make Krytox™ oils and greases ideal for use in commercial, corporate, and military aviation applications.
Krytox™ aerospace greases are available in grades conforming to:
- MIL PRF-27617 Types I, II, III, IV
- CAGE Code No. 43S57 (manufacturing)
- CAGE Code No. 7GFT8 (business)
- NSF H1-certification for unintentional food contact (e.g., commercial airplane galleys)
Features and Benefits of Krytox™ Performance Lubricants for Aerospace
Krytox™ perfluoropolyether (PFPE) based oils and greases provide a remarkable list of properties for aviation and aerospace applications, including:
- Suitable for use over a wide temperature range, grades exist to operate from -73°C to 399°C (-99°F to 750°F)
- Stable physical properties over time, including radiation resistance
- Virtually unaffected by harsh environments and reactive chemicals
- Resistant to vapor loss in a vacuum (e.g., during high-altitude orbit or deep space flight)
- Long wear and low-energy consumption due to excellent friction-reducing characteristics
- Compatible for use with most metals, elastomers, plastics, paints, and finishes
- Nontoxic, non-flammable, inert, and non-evaporative