In simple terms a DryFilm lubricant is a dry lubricant mixed with an adhesive material/binder/carrier solvent.
The carrier solvent evaporates after application leaving the dry film to bond to the relevant surface forming a solid film. This results in reduced friction and helps to protect asset life.
The benefits of Chemours DryFilm™ lubrication products, once the product has been applied and the solvent dried off, are:
- Highly non-stick, with outstanding lubricity (low coefficient of friction)
- Thermally stable over wide range of temperatures
- Chemically inert
- Compatible with most materials
- Resistant to corrosive chemicals
- Clean, non-oily, and non-staining
We are an authorised distributor for Chemours DryFilm, a range of highly effective products based on the Chemours fluoropolymer technology, exhibiting several important characteristics imparted by the extremely low molecular weight of the PTFE fluorotelomers.